Role: UX Designer // Company: Microsoft // Software: Flash, Photoshop
The Next Generation Project was my first project when I joined Microsoft and was a purely creative/ future thinking project, the brief was to create three new paradigms for the MSN network.
- Slide and Zoom
The overall objective was to:
- Create three new paradigms for the MSN portal
- Future thinking but based in reality
- Revamp, “refresh the web”
- Live web, activity, vibrancy and life
- Social network/ portal
- Create a flexible and dynamic solution that could accommodate a variety of content
Combine this into an interactive presentation coving areas below:
- Aesthetic (Visual, Layouts, Typography)
- Core (Paradigms, Entry Points, Video)
- Content (Home Pages and Channels)
- End to end examples
As a first project it was a ‘baptism of fire’ but ultimately it was a fantastic project where I learnt an incredible amount mainly due to getting to work with a small team of incredible talented, knowledgeable and fun people; including Christine Anderson and Adrian Green (Managers), Des Plunkett and Chris Pallaris (Design).